About Low Kill; DJ Pete Oak and DJ/Producer Benn Akehurst ran their 1st breakbeat party in Hastings, October 2003, after meeting and sharing a love of nu-skool breaks in Benn’s record shop in George Street.
Establishing their first regular gig as a duo in 2004 at Harpers Bar, their ‘Hastings Breaks Consortium’ nights quickly outgrew the place, filling the quiet bar with enthusiastic ravers every month. They moved to Brass Monkey for the monthly ‘Spank The Monkey’ night which soon met the new capacity of several hundred over the busy summer of 2007, supported by a few more DJs to bolster the Consortium roster. The final evolution of the night coming late 2007, when it moved to legendary Hastings club; The Crypt. Running until late 2008, the night’s highest accolade came from DJ Mag June 2008, when it was rated a top 5 night out.
- Jan’14 – Headline slot at Dogstar, Brixton for Jeffrey ‘Disastronaut’ Louis-Reed
- Apr’09 – Our first outing under the moniker Low Kill
- Jun’08 – DJ Mag Top 5 Night
- May’06 – Played the last ever indoor rave on Hastings Pier, before the fire
- Aug’05 – Support slot for Bedrock’s Phil ‘Moonface’ Thompson
2017 – Something new coming……